Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hometown Hero


Dear Readers, how are you today?

You won’t usually find me being all serious and stuff, but today, my friends, please allow me to make an exception. I know most of you only come here for the jokes but there are times when even someone like me will have to turn serious for something he believes in.

It’s not in my nature to talk about my achievements, and you will rarely find me here talking about what I have done in my life to be proud of.

But last Thursday, an organization back in my province honored me as a “Hometown Hero” because of my work in a charity. Not many people know this but I am actually heavily

involved in a grassroots campaign to help individuals, especially children, who have lost their limbs from accidents, firecracker explosions, domestic violence cases, and armed conflicts.

I won’t bore you with the details but let me just say it was such an indescribable feeling to be recognized for something you love doing. Here at Good Times Manila, I have an undeserved reputation for meanness and savagery, but the truth, dear reader, is that I’m a kindhearted person with a soft spot for differently-abled people.

I was honored back home because of my efforts to provide physically disadvantaged individuals with learning tools, like computers, books and other educational materials not usually available to them in impoverished places.

In a small town in the South, a computer laboratory I helped set up for individuals who have lost their limbs is now up and running. I am so proud of everyone who made this possible, especially the children who are doing their best to learn even with no arms and legs.

During the awarding, these children gave me their heartfelt messages of thanks for my work, which they themselves typed and printed out for me. I am truly humbled by these amazing people. With your kind indulgence, dear goodtimers, allow me to share these with you:

I weoiilksd loiker tro tjhasnkjer ebvtyoinme fgiort trjids wionmdfertrfuikl prtoijercvt1!! Trje cvimoputrert eweill be vberey hjerlkopfguilk troi usd!@

-Elizabeth_Dimapili

MSSAREAMNIUNBG NMAREAMNING ASALAMNASRT OPOI SA INYIONBG KLKAAHAAT111111!!!!

-ferdz_12

Thasnbkj y\ou poo tsadlkagas, mnaslaking tuklkonbg po itoi sda anmnin…

-JRjunior

Pionmaglkuluko nyho lkang jhjkamni! Shiut kauyio!23q

-eric

Sducvk my cviock youy cuyntys@@@

-jonhpaul

Iks lolvbew you Maeriasn!!!!

-Marianfan#1

Iiiii am typ0ing with nmy tongjhnue. :-P

-Talented_Lady

Gagofsp kkja taslksahgsa puitrangiuna nytongf klahat1 nnmga PAJKSHET KAYUO!!!!!

-larryyyyyy

LKOIOIKIONG FOITR TREWCXTNMATE: 092EWQIU3399302U3594

-cute_hotguy15



http://goodtimesmanila.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment